ForteBio is proud to announce the introduction of the new Octet RED System, a label-free interaction analysis instrument with extended detection capabilities. The new system is particularly well-suited to meeting the needs of small-molecule research, and is based on ForteBio's proven BLI technology.
Helping select promising leads earlier in the drug discovery process, the Octet RED System will validate screening campaign hits and identify non-suitable compounds earlier. Additionally, potential cross-reactivity issues can be assessed by assaying counterscreen targets in the same run as hit confirmation.
Octet RED's rapid data acquisition and high sensitivity allow the fastest reactions and smallest binders to be characterized. By monitoring eight independent interactions simultaneously, the Octet RED also increases productivity without additional resources or manpower. The system's reasonable cost keeps assays in-house, with fast, accurate results.
With no microfluidics, the system is extremely easy to use. It virtually eliminates the learning curve, even for non-expert users, providing added flexibility and efficiency to your lab. From protein therapeutics to drug discovery, the Octet RED System from ForteBio can help get you the answers you need in a time frame that works for you.
All the Proven Octet Features You've Come to Expect
The Octet RED System shares all the advantages of the Octet Q/QK for laboratory efficiency
- Label-free detection
- Instant information from real-time data
- Non-microfluidic design eliminates clogging and maintenance
- Accurate and reproducible results for kinetics and quantitation assays
- Benchtop footprint
- Simple operation matches lab workflow
In sum, the Octet RED System offers a robust BLI-based platform, providing expanded detection in an affordable package.
Octet RED System Features
The Octet RED System's extended detection, range, and sensitivity enables you to rapidly detect and analyze the kinetics of drug compounds. Based on BioLayer Interferometry, the Octet RED System minimizes interference from buffer matrices such as DMSO and achieves higher throughput at about half the cost of equivalent systems. The system offers:
- Accuracy: rapid sampling rate enables fast and slow kinetics to be detected reproducibly and with low noise.
- Low Molecular Weight Molecules: increased sensitivity enables detection of low molecular weight molecules.
- Higher Throughput: assay up to eight independent parallel interactions and up to 96 samples in unattended operation.
- Ease of Use: with no microfluidics, the Octet RED System requires almost no maintenance, and is easy for non-expert users to learn.
- Value: priced well below other systems with similar kinetics characterization capabilities.
- Multiple Analysis Modes:
- Binding affinity determination
- Kinetic parameter determination
- Steady state analysis
- Concentration analysis
Automated to perform multi-step experimental protocols and complete data analysis, the BLI-based Octet RED System stays on your lab's benchtop, available for on-demand use.
Detecting Low MW Molecules
To demonstrate the Octet RED System's ability to accurately detect and analyze molecules with low molecular weight, the binding of the inhibitor furosemide (330 Da) to carbonic anhydrase was assayed (Figure 1).
Figure 1. Titration series of furosemide (330 Da) binding to carbonic anhydrase (30 kDa).
Measuring Up: BLI vs. HPLC and SPR
The workflow-friendly Octet RED System produces 96 results for quantitation in as little as 40 minutes. In a concentration analysis of human IgG bioreactor samples, BLI exhibited excellent correlation to HPLC (Figure 2).
Figure 2. Results obtained using the Octet QK System compared to results obtained using HPLC.
The Octet RED System also produces accurate kinetic constants compared to published SPR results (Figure 3).
Learn more about the Octet RED System at www.fortebio.com or at one of our presentations.