The new Octet RED96e system is an enhancement to our industry-leading Octet RED96 instrument with additional capabilities to expand the number and types of samples that can be assayed, increasing access to data that can reduce the risk in bringing a drug candidate to market.
From screening biologics candidates to uncovering new insights into biophysics and cellular signaling, Octet RED96e system is your partner in finding the next big thing faster. Using Bio-Layer Interferometry (BLI) to measure binding interactions of small molecules, proteins, antibodies, and even cells, determine specificity, calculate titer, characterize affinity, and more. Assays can now be performed over a wider temperature range of 15-40°C on the Octet RED96e system, allowing for kinetics measurement of unstable proteins at lower temperatures, or biologically relevant molecules at physiological temperatures. An evaporation cover for microplates also allows for greater walk-away run time, with minimal sample evaporation for up to 12 hours. The new Octet Data Analysis HT software version released with the Octet RED96e system brings custom reporting options and multi-experiment analysis that reduces analysis time from hours to minutes.
- Eight parallel, independent channels for maximum speed and assay flexibility
- Versatility to detect biomolecules from small molecules up to mammalian cells
- High-quality kinetic screening and affinity characterization of biomolecules. Measurement of long dissociation times possible for high affinity binding pairs.
- Large quantitation dynamic range
- Simple one-step assay to measure 25 ng/mL to 2 mg/mL of IgG concentration in crude matrices in as little as two minutes per samples or 32 minutes for a whole 96-well plate
- High sensitivity to sub-ng/mL levels possible with 2-step and 3-step assay formats, allowing automated measurement of contaminants such as host cell proteins and residual protein A
- Microfluidics-free Dip and Read™ format reduces assay time and maintenance cost. Combined with biosensor regeneration, the Octet RED96e system’s re-racking option provides ultra-low cost per test.
- Non-destructive sampling allows full sample recovery. Microplate evaporation cover further minimizes losses in sample volume, allowing post-analysis recovery of precious samples after a 12-hour run.
- Up to 12 hours of unattended run time. Increased throughput for screening and characterization purposes.
- Sample plate cooling for temperature-sensitive proteins and for thermodynamic analysis. Determine binding rate constants at multiple temperatures to calculate thermodynamic parameters.
- New version of Octet Data Analysis HT software enables multi-experiment analysis, customized reports and features to support 21 CFR Part 11 compliance.
The Octet RED96e system directly measures the presence of specific proteins and other molecules in solution with minimal interference from complex matrices. Accurate and reproducible concentrations can be determined in as little as two minutes per sample or 32 minutes for a whole plate using a simple, one-step assay (Figure 1). High sensitivity in quantitation can be achieved to sub-ng/mL levels with 2-step and 3-step assay formats, allowing automated measurement of contaminants such as host cell proteins and residual Protein A faster and more precisely than ELISA. Process economics can be improved further by regenerating and re-using the biosensors.
Figure 1: Human IgG Quantitation. Example data from human IgG analyte binding to Protein A biosensors. Binding was performed at 30°C, with a shake speed of 1000 rpm and a two-minute read per well. Human IgG solution was prepared at 0.025 µg/mL up to 300 µg/mL and the standard curve shown on a log-log scale was generated using the initial slope algorithm and fitted with the unweighted 5-parameter logistic (5PL) regression model.
The Octet RED96e system monitors binding events in real time to calculate on rates (ka), off rates (kd), and affinity constants (KD). The superior sensitivity of the system enables measurement of small organic molecules (Figure 2) and kinetic constants over a broad range. The temperature of one 96-well sample plate can be controlled from 15-40°C, which enables reliable kinetic determinations from low (Figure 3) up to physiological temperatures for temperature-sensitive proteins. Additional advantages afforded by sample cooling include the ability to rapidly determine binding rate constants at multiple temperatures to extrapolate thermodynamic measurements. The Octet RED96e system’s eight channels can be used independently to measure samples for screening purposes or in tandem, pairing the sample read with a dedicated reference for high-quality kinetic characterization.
Figure 2: Small molecule kinetics. Example data from benzenesulfonamide (MW 157 Da) binding to biotin-carbonic anhydrase loaded on Super Streptavidin biosensors. Binding was performed at 25°C, with a shake speed of 1000 rpm. A 100 µM benzensulfonamide solution was prepared and serially diluted 1:4.
Figure 3: Large molecule characterization. Example data from human Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA, MW 30 kDa) binding to a biotinylated anti-human PSA mouse monoclonal antibody loaded onto Streptavidin biosensors. Binding was performed at 15°C with a shake speed of 1000 rpm. A 200 nM PSA solution was prepared and serial diluted 1:2 to obtain the five concentrations run.
Operate in GxP Regulated Environments
The Octet RED96e system has been developed to operate reliably in a regulated environment. Pall ForteBio offers 21 CFR Part 11 software and a full line of GxP products and services as part of the Octet RED96e GxP Package. These include:
- Octet CFR software and ForteBio FB Server features such as:
- Controlled access with multiple user levels – administrator, developer, supervisor, lab user
- Primary data integrity — digitally signed acquired data that is rendered invalid after any modification
- Electronic signatures — enable data to be locked after analysis is complete
- Enhanced Audit Trail — all actions are recorded and time-stamped with details of old vs. new values
- Full control of routine assays that speed up analysis — method files and analysis settings can be saved for routine assays
- Customized reports — created by combining various data elements such as graphs, text, data tables and images ready to be uploaded in your ELN
- Installation and Operational Qualification (IQ/OQ) and Performance Qualification (PQ) packages that ensure your system is qualified and operate as intended and that performance meets specifications
- Performance Certification (PC) services maintain your system in a calibrated state and in peak condition
- Customer-run Software Validation Package and support to trim validation time down to just three days
- Biosensor Validation Support Services for multiple biosensor lot sampling and selection
- Excellent Global Technical Support assistance